“Breakfast Oatmeal” | December 1, 2017
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Kelli keeps it quick, tasty, and helpful for you. She makes a slow cooked oatmeal that you’re going to need to try. A great option for your new Instant Pot! (What?? You don’t have one yet??) and for those who may not have the time to get something good on the table in the morning.
Here is the recipe:
Grain Mix Ingredients:
– 1 cup steel-cut oats (gluten-free if desired)
– 2 large apples, cored and chopped
– 1. 5 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
– 3 cups water
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 0.25 tsp salt
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 4 Tbsp hemp seeds (or if you don’t have these, omit, and add 1 more Tbsp oats)
– 4 Tbsp chia seeds
– 2 Tbsp real maple syrup or organic or local honey
– VERY IMPORTANT: Grease your slow cooker with coconut oil, butter, or an oil spray. Don’t skip this step or your oatmeal will stick and burn to the sides.
– Place all ingredients in your slow cooker, cover, and cook on low 7-8 hours.
– Once cooked, stir well and serve. Add more milk, pecans, maple, honey, apples, etc. if desired (but delish as is). You can also serve alongside Greek yogurt to boost protein or use as a recovery, see below.
– Can be stored in refrigerator 3-4 days, simply reheat in microwave or stovetop.
We encourage listeners to get involved by sharing your experiences, show ideas, questions and comments. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas for future episodes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RELATED SHOW LINKS
Kelli’s new Fresh Fit Life website
Buy Kelli’s Comprehensive Nutrition Plan
Leave a review for Apex Nutrition
Listen to all the back Apex Nutrition Podcast episodes
Apex Nutrition Website
The Fuel Right Blog
Fuel Right Twitter
Apex Nutrition Facebook Page
Become a Member – Members get 25% off Kelli’s plans!