“Leigh Donovan” | August 9, 2016
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE:
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
A special episode of The Path Podcast with an all-time cycling great, Leigh Donovan. Leigh is a mountain bike world champion, BMX Hall of Famer, multiple-time National Champion, UCI World Champion, X Games Gold Medalist, and owner of iChooseBikes.
You get a treat in this episode – Nathan, Tani, and Auk discuss a variety of topics with Leigh. They cover everything from Leigh’s racing history, to the early days of downhill racing, and just some good, entertaining stories of years of racing. If you want to hear an entertaining and genuine conversation with the only woman to be a Mountain Bike Hall of Famer and BMX Hall of Famer, this is your episode.
More About Leigh:
– 2014 – Mountain Bike Hall of Fame “athlete” inductee
– 2013 – BMX Hall of Fame “athlete” inductee
– 9X U.S. National Downhill Series & National Champion/Dual Slalom National Champion
– 1995 – UCI World Downhill Mountain Bike Champion (1 of only 3 U.S. women to win this title)
– 1995 – X GAMES Gold medalist, Dual Slalom
– 2001 – UCI World Cup Series , Dual World Cup Champion
– 1993 to 2001 & 2010 US National Downhill Team member
– 2001 – Winner of Richard Long sportsmanship award, only female to win
– 1997 – 2002 USA Cycling NORBA Board Member
– 1998 – Featured in Sports Illustrated “Swimsuit Edition” in a full page advertisement
– 2000 – Married longtime boyfriend, and still happily married today (-:
– 2002 – 2011 Owned & Operated successful upscale retail-clothing boutique “Tangerine”
– 2005 – Became a mother to a beautiful baby girl
– 2011 – Consulted with Troy Lee Designs to open their Laguna Beach retail concept store
– 2012 to 2013- Account Executive for the Interbike trade show
– 2014 – Launched ichoosebikes.com (a skills clinic business focused on getting more riders on bikes safely)
The Path guys welcome all of your questions and encourage you to send them an email with the subject “Podcast Question” to firstname.lastname@example.org.